The Long Term Social Visit pass may be issued to a foreigner for a temporary stay in Malaysia for a period of not less than six months. Extensions of the period of stay can be given based on the eligibility and fulfilment of certain conditions.
Foreign husbands/wives to Malaysians can be given the Social Visit Pass for a period of 5 years on condition that they comply with all the requirements.
They are also allowed to engage in any form of paid employment or in any business or professional occupation without converting the Social Visit Pass to the Employment Pass or Visitor’s Pass (Temporary employment).
- Applicants must be present with a spouse.
- All original documents need to be brought along for verification and only complete applications are accepted.
- Checklist of required documents:
- Form Imm.12
- Form Imm.38 (2 copies)
- Form Imm.55 (2 copies)
- Sponsor statement form
- Security bond – stamped RM10.00
- Affidavit of oath with photograph and stamped by the Commissioner of Oaths
- Identity card and birth certificate of husband / wife
- Marriage registration certificate
- Proof of divorce letter/ death certificate (if applicable)
- Postcard -sized wedding photos
- Child’s birth certificate (confirmation letter from the court if stepchild)
- Business license/ company ROC/ Form J (If self -employed)
- Confirmation letter from the employer with letter head (If working)
- Proof of income (last 3 months salary slip/ bank book/ form J)
- Proof of residential address (utility bill)
- Husband / wife’s Malaysian passport (all pages)
- Other documents if required