Skip to main content

Can the non-citizen spouse remain in the country after a divorce?

This is dependent on what visa/ pass the foreign spouse holds. If the foreign spouse is on a work permit, it is still possible to stay on if the divorce does not impact their terms of employment. Declared divorces will result in the foreign spouse pass being revoked. But it is possible to still get a residence pass when there are children involved. Please see this pdf under Section b: Janda / Balu / Duda kepada warganegara yang mempunyai Anak Kandung kepada warganegara ( Divorcée / Widow / Divorcé of a citizen with children)

Leave a Reply