Skip to main content

How can I bring my elderly parents here?

If they are above the age of 60, do not have family in their origin country and are dependent on their family in Malaysia, they can apply for a Long-Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP).

Documents Required:

  1. Form Imm.12/Imm.55
  2. Form Imm.38
  3. Personal Bond which has been stamped with a RM10.00 revenue stamp
  4. Statutory Declaration from Malaysian /Permanent Resident sponsor
  5. Sponsor’s Identification Card


You can also apply for a Visa with Reference (VDR) if they are from Afghanistan, India, China, Vietnam, North Korea or Cuba. You will receive a sealed letter which can be used at the embassy in their country. They will be issued a one-month single entry visa which can be extended once here.