Skip to main content

How does the Residence Pass differ from a Permanent Residence?

The Residence Pass is given to those who have already been in the country for 5 years and are eligible to apply for Permanent Residence. As a Permanent Resident, you will be issued a Red IC. However, you will not have the right to vote and you will retain your nationality and passport. If your application for PR is rejected, you would be given a Residence Pass which is a pass for 10 years and can be renewed in 5 years.

Leave a Reply