Skip to main content

What is the process for a non-citizen spouse of a Malaysian to apply for a postgraduate course in a Malaysian university?

First contact your designated university and obtain an offer letter to secure a ‘study authorisation’ from the Ministry of High Education, Department of International student affairs. This may be submitted to the university. However, depending on the university, they may allow you to study on a spouse visa. Do take the study approval and your Malaysian spouse to an immigration office to apply for the study authorization endorsement on your passport.