Skip to main content

My spouse is on a student pass. Can my spouse apply for a spouse visa right after we get married?

If you are a foreign husband, it is best to wait it out under the student visa for six months after marriage before proceeding for the spouse visa. The university will need to cancel the student pass and you may be required to get a special pass. It is up to the immigration department to allow you on a special pass to submit the documents for the spouse visa. In many cases, immigration will ask the foreign spouse to exit and reenter the country. However, during the pandemic, there may be some leniency. Refer: