- Citizenship application of child of a Malaysian Mother
- Application For Citizenship Under Article 15(2) of the Federal Constitution Child Under the Age of 21 whose Parent is a Citizen
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Citizenship application of child of a Malaysian Mother #
Application For Citizenship Under Article 15(2) of the Federal Constitution Child Under the Age of 21 whose Parent is a Citizen #
The application for Malaysia citizenship by a person under the age of 21 whose parent or parents are (or were at the time of death) citizens.
- The applicant and the person to be registered shall appear before the Registrar of Citizenship when submitting the application
- The person to be registered shall be below age of 21 on the day of application
- One of the parents is a Malaysian citizen
- Application must be submitted by the parent or guardian.
- Form B must be completed and submitted together with copies of the necessary documents.
- Appendix A.15(2), which is a dual purpose form for declaration of acceptance of and application for citizenship under Article 15(2) of the Federal Constitution, must be completed and submitted to a consulate board abroad within 1 year of the date of birth.
Application made in Malaysia #
The Applicant and the person to be registered are required to head over to the counter at the Citizenship Division of the Putrajaya NRD Headquarters or state NRD Headquarters/branch, bringing along originals and copies of required documents.
Application made outside Malaysia (US is used as an example) #
- The applicant and the person to be registered must be present during the registration.
- Submitted the Borang B together with the required documents.
- Application will then be sent to Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara in Putrajaya, Malaysia.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS #
Application made in Malaysia #
- Registrant’s Documents (Original and Photocopies)
- Identity Card (if any)
- Birth Certificate, latest extract of Birth Certificate or Adoption Certificate (translated into Malay or English by the court / consular office / public translator)
- Entry Permit or passport or other travel document (if any)
- 3 recent passport-sized photographs with a blue background
- Documentary evidence of schooling (if applicable)
- Parent’ and Sibling’s Documents (Original and Photocopies)
- Birth Certificate or latest extract of Birth Certificate
- Identity Card
- Citizenship Certificate (if any)
- Marriage document
- RM10.00 for application fee
- RM100.00 to issue Citizenship Certificate (if approved)
Application made outside Malaysia (the following example is based on applications made in the US) #
- Application Form Borang B (must be completed at the Consulate)
- Both parents and the child must be present during registration
- Child’s Birth Certificate (original and photocopy)
- Parent’s Malaysia Marriage Certificate (original and photocopy)
- Mother’s Malaysian Identity Card (MYKAD) and photocopy (front and back)
- Mother’s current-valid Visa / U.S Permanent Resident Card (original and photocopy)
- Father’s Passport and National ID (original and photocopy)
- Child’s Two (2) recent U.S passport sized photograph (2×2 inches)
- Processing Fee of $4.00 should be remitted by Money Order / Cashier’s Check payable to Consulate General of Malaysia, Los Angeles
- Return Fee of $15.00 should be remitted by Money Order / Cashier’s check made payable to FedEX.
Note: The Required Documents for Application made outside Malaysia may be differ as to country. Please head to the Consulate Office / Embassy within your country for clarification.
Note: The applications for citizenship matters require the use of original forms of Form B. Forms may be obtained from the Putrajaya NRD Headquarters or State NRD Headquarters / Branches. Application forms for registration of birth in a foreign country and renunciation of citizenship may be obtained from consulates abroad.